Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Descriptive Writing Pack

I remember last year trying to get my 4th graders to put some "depth" into their writing.  Now that we've adopted the common core standards, students are required to do a lot more with their reading and writing.  I've created this "Spooky Halloween Writing Pack" for my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  This will help your students THINK!  I used famous and not so famous Halloween quotes and excerpts of different books and poems.  What I did was have each student create a title for the excerpt and then either finish it or write about what they think it means.  This is also a great seg-way into poetry!  I've also included some photos that students had to write about.  Again, they had to look at the photo, create a title and write about what they see in the picture.  The descriptions of some of the pictures was AMAZING!!!!  I can't wait to hear how all of you used this resource!!!

Spooky Halloween Writing Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment