Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Things I've been working on...

This summer has been much like last...trying to find a permanent position! No luck yet, but, I'm slowly understanding that I can't just wait around for things to happen, I just have to do them! I've been applying to every position I see that posts and I hope that in August, the calls really start to come. I've been working on some common core resources and really been educating myself on all of the common core curriculum standards. Whatever grade I end up teaching, I want to be knowledgeable in every single one. I am thinking of going back to get my masters degree, both in reading and common core instructional strategies. We will see what this year holds, wish me luck and say a prayer for me!!!


Here are some products that I created for my TPT store! These are all 3rd to 6th grade, but I'm working on more primary stuff that I've been able to use with my son Max ;-) Let me know what you think!

Here's a unit I created for my 4th graders last year. Many of them were not writing very descriptive sentences and some of them did not even know how to add commas or any punctuation for that matter to their sentences. This is a comprehensive look into how to teach word usage, grammar usage, and putting it all together to make a sentence. You then can teach how to write a paragraph and write a detailed one at that! You can find this packet here!


Another packet I've completed over the summer is my Comprehension and Fluency Folders. Before I started the 4th grade position this past year, I worked as an interventionist for the 4th grade. I noticed that many of them were not familiar with their fluency and their comprehension was poor as well. This is something that you can introduce to your students at the very beginning of the year and use it throughout the year to improve in these particular areas. You can find this packet and everything that's in it here!



Well that's it for now, I have much more to share with you, but not enough time to do so! Hope you are all having a great summer and remember me in your prayers! I know the right position is out there, I just have to be patient enough to wait for it! God bless!

Mrs. Bushnell

No comments:

Post a Comment