Monday, February 27, 2012

Behavior Plan

I mentioned to the students today that we will be implementing a new behavior plan starting on Tuesday, February 28th.  I'd like to go into a bit more detail and outline the reasons why this new system will work in the classroom.

I believe that the classroom should be a learning environment for everyone. This system will allow each student to get the most out of their time at school.  We come to school to learn, not to socialize and misbehave.

Here is what I am suggesting:

A Stoplight System Approach or 3 strikes your out approach in which students will be given 3 opportunities a day to "fix" the behaviors that are disruptive.

  • First strike will result in a verbal WARNING

  • Second strike will result in NO RECESS

  • Third strike will result in a NOTE HOME (This note must be signed by a parent)


If the disruptive behaviors continue, I will be making phone calls home and setting up parent teacher meetings.  These meetings will be a brainstorm session with both myself, the parent, and the student to help figure out why the behaviors are occurring and what we can do to stop them from happening.

If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment